Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Would Love To Learn Japanese But Finding The Time Is Hard

People want to learn Japanese for a lot of reasons. If you are thinking of going to Japan for a few weeks or on a business trip this is a good reason. You quite possibly don’t even have to speak Japanese but want to just for something to do. If you are able to talk in another language you will be given a wonderful feeling of achievement.

Although I wanted to learn Japanese for a long time I guess the main reason why I finally decided to do something about it was because I was planning a long trip to Tokyo. Considering I was going to be living there for 3 months I felt that I should try and communicate effectively in their language. I’m not sure if I can speak Japanese fluently, but am constantly asked that question.

I speak with confidence now I feel when talking Japanese, but there is always more that you can achieve. I doubt whether I will ever know it all to be honest. There’s more to learn even if you think you’ve taught yourself well. Being able to understand Japanese cartoons or movies now is a sure sign of how far I’ve come. If I can sit and watch a movie in English and know what’s going on, then there’s no reason with a little work I shouldn’t be able to do the same in Japanese.

I must admit I am getting closer to knowing almost everything but not yet. It’s been tough to go from not knowing any words or phrases in Japanese to knowing a fair amount and you are probably wondering how I managed it. I won’t lie, it took a lot of perspiration and many hours of effort. The trip from where I was and to where I got to was definitely not simple. In essence, learning any new language takes a huge amount of time and effort. I have to admit though that anyone who puts their mind to it can succeed as I have and speak Japanese.

It can be difficult to find time to study in between your work commitments and anything else that’s on. If, for example you use your time wisely you can fit in study.

No comments:

Post a Comment